Sunday, April 24, 2011

HOW TO STAY AWAKE IN MEETINGS:

Do you keep falling asleep in meetings and seminars? What about those long
and boring conference calls? Here's a way to change all of that.

1. Before (or during) your next meeting, seminar, or conference call,prepare
yourself by drawing a square. I find that 5"x 5" is a good size. Divide the
card into columns-five across and five down. That will give you 25 one-inch blocks.

2. Write one of the following words/phrases in each block:
* synergy
* strategic fit
* core competencies
* best practice
* bottom line
* revisit
* expeditious
* to tell you the truth (or "the truth is")
* 24/7
* out of the loop
* benchmark
* value-added
* proactive
* win-win
* think outside the box
* fast track
* result-driven


* empower (or empowerment)
* knowledge base
* at the end of the day
* touch base
* mindset
* client focus(ed)
* paradigm
* game plan
* leverage


3. Check off the appropriate block when you hear one of those words/phrases.

4. When you get five blocks horizontally, vertically, or diagonally, stand
up and shout "BULLSHIT!"

13 comments:

  1. I laughed so hard. Thanks for this. I might have to try it for real in the next meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol funny list, nothing keeps me awake in school/boring meetings. I can't help it D:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could use some of those advices ;D Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, I think I will do this in school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha sounds like the only way I could pay attention to my boss :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah we we have a company meeting at dollar general its really fun.

    our district manager gives us free stuff and we get to talk shit about everything.

    feels good

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eye of the tiger is there so it's a legit list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really wanna do that in my next job interview...

    ReplyDelete